Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Third in a Series of “The Duh-Huhs of Christmas”

Third in a Series of “The Duh-Huhs of Christmas”

I have always like the music of U2, but never thought I’d post a quote by Bono. But it fits with something I told a friend today regarding my belief that while some say all Gods are the same and all religions lead to the same place is wrong. (Stay with me here – I dare you…) Perhaps they all started out as the same, but somewhere along the way, people couldn’t believe that love, forgiveness , grace and heaven were completely free. All you had to do was admit you couldn’t be perfec t on your own and accept the gift. So various religions were created by man to figure out ways to EARN God’s love, EARN forgiveness and DESERVE Heaven. That’s why I believe Christianity is NOT the same as all the rest. It’s the only one that offers a solution to the truth…because haven’t you all figured out yet that you just can’t do it on your own. The rules are impossible to follow 100% of the time!

Sorry – I promised a Bono quote, so here we go: “You see, at the center of all religions is the idea of Karma. You know, what you put out comes back to you… And yet, along comes this idea called Grace to upend all that… Grace defies reason and logic. Love interrupts, if you like, the consequences of your actions, which in my case is very good news indeed, because I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff. The point of the death of Christ is that Christ took on the sins of the world, so that what we put out did not come back to us, and that our sinful nature does not reap the obvious death. That’s the point. It should keep us humbled. It’s not our own good works that get us through the gates of heaven.” (Michka Assayas, Bono in Conversation)
I found the quote thanks to the December 21 Advent Devotional from Water from Rock
http://www.waterfromrock.org/

Heather J. Kirk Art by Heather J. Kirk www.heather-kirk.artistwebsites.com Literature by Heather J. Kirk http://www.photographicartistry.citymax.com/Books.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! (Note, they will be moderated.)